QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Senior Finance Specialist, your role will be to support the overall preparation of financial statements by executing accurate and timely completion of accounting activities in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures as well as external regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the Country Finance Manager, you will also advise on accounting matters based on well-established practices.
- Best practice and group initiatives Drives implementation of best practices and continuous optimization of local processes to gain efficiencies and drive productivity gains. Drives harmonization and standardization locally in line with Group solutions and best practices and assists in development of global solutions.
- Performs general accounting activities, applying techniques and standards to solve unusual issues. Supplies limited advice on accounting matters based on well-established principles and practices.
- Stakeholder management Manages relationship with business partners to ensure that services are defined and delivered as agreed. Develops and maintains Service Level Agreements with business partners. Arranges and drives internal customer review meetings on a regular basis and tracks mutually agreed action plan.
- Assists in developing and implementing processes and procedures, and continuously optimizes to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Accounting and reporting and compliance Enforces ABB Group Accounting Standards, compliance with ABB’s Accounting and Reporting Guidelines, local GAAP and Internal Control over Financial Reporting with ABB Group Charter. Ensures transparency in financial reporting and enhances and manages internal control environment.
- Audit Ensures internal/external audits and other statutory audits are handled with high standards and in a professional manner. Participates in internal control testing and repairs relevant documentation.
- Having university degree in relevant departments.
- Audit experience and CFA licences are preferable.
- Min 5 years of experience, preferentially in General Accounting, Reporting.
- Ability to apply professional knowledge in general accounting and to make appropriate judgements and recommend solutions.
- Turkish GAAP, USGAAP and IFRS knowledge together is an asset.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with the ability to meet strict deadlines and to multitask between various projects.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment.
- SAP Experience is an asset.
- Good English, written and verbal communication skills.
- Turkish knowledge is a must.
- Stakeholder management during projects are key.